Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peace In My Heart

Dear Elders and Sisters,
 
It has been a very hard two weeks, and right before that the zone interviews.  So I guess it's been a very difficult four weeks.  But right now, I feel peaceful and excited.  I want all of you to know that I am exceedingly optimistic about the future.  For out of small things comes that which is great.  If all of you will realize how very important you are to the work, each of you, you will become a much greater part of the vision of the mission.  In D&C 123:14-17, the Lord teaches us a wonderful principle of the importance of a single person in bringing to pass his great work:  "These [things] should then be attended to with great earnestness.  Let no man count them as small things; for there is much which lies in futurity pertaining to the saints, which depends upon these things. You know, brethren [and sisters], that a very large ship is benefitted by a very small helm in the time of storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves. Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
 
If we will all do our parts, in the little things, we will be able to steer the large ship of this mission to its destination.  We will see the salvation of God come into the lives of those we teach and one another, and we will see the arm of the Lord revealed through miracles in our areas and companionships.
 
I know that you all look for my letters. I know that you like to receive personal letters more than letters sent to everyone.  But you must realize that sometimes events are such that it becomes impossible to find the time needed.  Such has been the state of affairs in the last couple of months.  Last week I started on names with letter "A" and wrote until I had no more time.  This week I am starting on "Z" and going backwards in the alphabet.  You should be reading this letter on Thursday.  All of you who did not get a letter from me last week should have one this week.  If you look for it on Wednesday, you are too early.  Check for your letter on Thursday.
 
In the future, I am going to write at least half of you every week.  So you should get a letter at least every other week.  But I want you to write me a letter every week :)  The only weeks when you don't need to write a letter is on Zone Interview weeks, when we have an interview.
 
We love all of you.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO FAST FOR THE MISSION THIS FAST SUNDAY.  Thanks.
 
President Schmutz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment