Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Converted to Become Great

Dear President Schmutz, When I decide to make a great change in my life it seems like satan just pounds me down. But I will go on despite discouraging words from anyone I will change. I was studying in Nephi today. I like how Nephi talks about likening the scripture unto ourselves in 1 Nephi chapter 19. Then in chapter 20 I read verse 10 it says "For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." I was thinking of your words President Schmutz from yesterday about how we are fern bushes that we are cut down to become what He wants us to be. This scripture adds to this point. We are cut down or refined through affliction because we were chosen and we accepted this calling. We knew before in pre-mortal life this would happen and so, its a time of choosing. The questions are: Will I live up to my potential? Will I hearken unto the Father and the Son? Or do I choose to be cut off? As missionaries we must choose where our loyalty lies. If we are obedient we will live up to our full potential because we are guided by the spirit, and we will be able to declare His word. Also looking at verse 14 I really like what it says "All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; who among them hath declared these things unto them? The lord hath loved him" when guided by the spirit we can feel that love. I know I have felt that love the strongest when I am most obedient. Obedience is the key to happiness when we go on to verse 18 we can see how being obedient brings a great blessing it says "O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments--then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea." then we see the opposite if we don't obey Nephi goes onto say in verse 22 "there is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked." we are building a culture of obedience on the mission, and I am inspired to be a part of that culture. I am grateful for the chance to train again for the third time and I hope this time I will never falter from being 100% obedient. I officially give up my weapons of rebellion president. I am converted to become great. I have chosen my side and these is no going back to neutral ground. I can remember a quote that talks about being on neutral ground. Not on Satan's side and not on God's side. I want to apply this to the missionaries right now. We are standing on metaphorical neutral ground and in the last week the call has been sent out. This call is the call of choosing sides. To stay and be obedient or to go home and figure things out. To keep fighting on the side of God or to give up give into satan. The quote said once we step off of neutral ground there is no going back. We can only make a betrayal. If we choose God we must stay faithful or the consequences will be severe. I am stepping off of neutral ground. I have chosen my side. I am on your side President. It's a fight to the death now. Hurrah for Israel. Sister Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment