Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Overcoming Adversity

Dear Family, I am doing great here on the mission. I am waiting for the 100 percent of extending, but the area presidency and president schmutz have already approved my extending. All I am waiting for is the approval of the stake president I pray that he will let me extend. if I extend I will be coming home around June 7. If not I will be coming home April 26. Its not fun not knowing yet if I will extend or not, but it should be finalized or denied in the next week or so!! My companion Sister Acain and I seem always to be laughing at the things that come on the mission. I really do love her and we get along so well. Our investigators are all not so clear, but we are still working out the open area issue. Tonight I get to go back to my second area to my recent converts for a family home evening. They are all kind of inactive. We have a district FHE later and we will see what happens I hope I can encourage them to come back to church. its not easy to be a recent convert in the church especially when their are no fellowshippers. I am so grateful for my mission and the techniques I have learned to overcome adversity. I recently read in the true to the faith about adversity you all should read it I think it would help. I love the stories in the book of Mormon that have helped me in times of hardship or pain. I am still happy no matter what happens in life. Its about the state of mind not the state of being. Continue to study the scriptures and pray to our heavenly Father for his help with keeping our covenants. I love you all and pray that you to can feel only happiness in life through the trials. Love you with all my heart, Sister Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment