Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Daughter of Royal Blood

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cebu Mission Office <cebumissionoffice@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: Week
To: Annika Bruno <annika.bruno@myldsmail.net>


Dear Sister Bruno,
 
You are an amazing young woman and missionary.  I love the spirit of determination that you show, and your enthusiasm to do your duty in the face of any challenge.  And I confirm that you are a a daughter of royal blood, and you have been ordained to be called up and crowned in the next life.  Live worthy of that great reward and it surely will be yours. 
 
How are you doing with Sister Acain?  Tell me about the work.  But do me a favor and write to me in imos.  It is so much easier to keep track of who has written and then reply.  I have confirmed that your date of release has now been moved to May 21, 2012.  Please confirm that with your parents, and I will inform your stake president of the change.  Do you know if your stake president is the same one who is listed on your application?  As the time draws near, we will need to make arrangements for either a stake or district missionary to work with your companion, or make a temporary assignment with a three some.
 
Sister Bruno, I am so glad you and we came together in this mission.  I hope always to be in touch with you in years to come.  Have a great week and I am looking forward to seeing you at the Sister's Specialized Training meeeting on Thursday.
 
All my love,
 
President Schmutz
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Annika Bruno <annika.bruno@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Dear President Schmutz,

I have found the mission to be not only the best 18 years for my life but the best 18 month of my life.  Some people say that the mission is to tiring, but i find it a wake up call.  I am sad that some people go away from their mission thinking of all the negatives, and not seeing how amazing everyday here on the mission is.  I have decided to find out the good everyday instead of looking at the bad.  There has been many things that have happened in the last couple of months that could discourage any normal person, but I am here to say I am no normal person I am of royal blood.  No earthly thing will or can or should bring us to despair.  We are given the chance to be happy why should we give that away. 

President Schmutz I am happy.  I hope that my companion is happy too.  I really do love my companion and that she gives her all on the mission.  She is an asset here on the mission.  Sister Acain I can tell is growing in knowledge and faith.  She has a great love for our investigators, and i know that she is going to bring many souls unto Christ. 

Thank You President Schmutz for all that you do and the example you show.  Give my love to Sister Schmutz.

Love
Sister Bruno 

No comments:

Post a Comment