Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mission President Advice on Training New Sister

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <2012162-PRS@ldschurch.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: Weekly Report Sent on 19 Jul 2011
To: annika.bruno@myldsmail.net


Dear Sister Bruno,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with you investigators. I am so impressed by your love and care for those that you are teaching. I'm sure the Lord will help you as you and your companion prayerfully consider what can be done to follow up and teach each of them. You are so dedicated to your work, it warms me heart.

I have been concerned the last few days about your companion. I have been given the feeling that she is not as happy as she can become. And in my prayers I have been impressed to ask for your concern and assistance. I think Sister Akiaton needs to feel that she is more fully a part of the teaching. Please be attentive to her needs and try to make sure that she is taking a full share of praying, teaching and testifying in your meetings with investigators. She may not feel that she is ready to take on a share of the load, but I know that she is and you can help her develop as a missionary by shifting some of the responsibility and opportunity to her. I believe you will see her flower as you do this.

You are such a good example. You are the follow up trainer for Sister Akiaton. By the time this companionship has been completed, I want to see her prepared for more responsibility. She can only do that by having the responsibility and opportunity to expand her teaching ability through participation. I would be happy if you would pay attention to how she is doing and report her progress in your next couple of letters.

Thank you so much for your commitment and your work. It is a pleasure to have you in our mission, for which we are very grateful.

All my love,

President Schmutz
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment