Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Training a Short-term Missionary

Dear Family, It seems another transfer is past and gone. Transfer call comes again this coming Monday. Its clear that I will have a new companion, and most likely train again. Same area. I hope though that I have one last area before I come home. I still have 3 transfers after this December. Christmas is coming again and I plan to Skype on Sunday around 7-8AM my time or if not Monday 7-8AM my time. See you all on Skype then huh. So get on all of you and we will figure out everything!! My companion Sister Pangue is super cool. She is only with me for one transfer but she is hard working. She is still learning like any greenie. I wish I had the chance for a short term mission before the mission its an awesome opportunity. She is now prepared to train hehe. We finally got our rice cooker. I have been learning how to cook rice on the stove. Many new skills for when i come home... Except I will probably just use the rice cooker hehe you know American still. We had a zone activity today and we did a play/ dance act. It was fun we played a game you have to blow the flower out of the cup to get the Peso at the bottom... Pictures to come. Brother Alpitche came back to Church this past Sunday his whole family is active now!! All 8 of them its like we just had a new baptism a whole family, but its a better feeling to reactivate members, because I want them to get sealed in the temple!! We will work on it until I get transferred! This past Sunday I was asked last minute to give a talk about the blessings of tithing. I accepted the challenge and then gave a very clear talk. Guided by the spirit! We had many investigators attending church and its a hard topic especially when I know there are many people in the ward not paying their tithing. I am glad that the spirit guided me through the talk and hope that it inspired some to pay their tithing. Last Thursday Dec 8 we had a Christmas devotional. it was way cute. We had some people giving the narration of the Christmas story then we all sung Christmas songs. Our district gave a special musical number. I played the piano... Well I tried hehe We also had a CSP at the High School we taught about 25 students in one class then 25-30 students in another class. We taught about Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom. We committed them to follow the WOW and LOC. It was way fun. That's a recap of our week. Hope you are all doing good. Love Sister Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment